(Submission to Research Authority: 21.2, to IIA: 28.2)
Collaboration between teams of of both academia and industry, in each country, on the following specific domains in the field of applied nanotechnology:
- Resource-efficient production technologies by developing techniques for functional surfaces and coating systems also using the potentials of novel materials: New manufacturing processes for the design, production and measurement of locally functional surfaces and structured layers which significantly improve the use of resources; new production equipment for generating locally functional surfaces.
- Solutions for new production modules that enhance resource-efficiency in the production of locally functional surfaces considerably.
- Nanomaterials (focused on graphene, graphene related materials (e.g. carbon nano-tubes, chalcogenide materials) for industrial applications).
- Nano-based energy resources, batteries, photovoltaic cells and others.
- Photonics – industry-led projects in the field of integrated micro-photonics for applications in metrology, sensing and imaging and biophotonics.
- Nano devices for sensors [electric, magnetic, motion]. The microelectronic projects will be funded within the existing cooperation with Israel via Eureka-Cluster Penta.
- Bio-medical technologies: medical, biological, lab-on-a-chip, single cells, single molecules, low-quantity tests, high-throughput methods, cell sorting technologies, 3-D imaging and diagnostics based on microfluidics.
- Nano-related methods for neuron cells and other tissue types (growth and development).
- Nano-particles and nano-structures for drug-delivery, pathogen technologies, disease prevention, infection prevention.
- Other fields of cooperation based on nano related technologies agreed by the joint committee.
Duration: 12-36 months
Funding: up to NIS 4 million per project for the Israeli side over the whole period.
Submission forms are available upon request.
Please contact Research Authority ASAP if interested.